The Martin JRM Mars was the largest allied flying boat to enter production although only 7 were built. The United States Navy contracted the development of the XPB2M-1 Mars in 1938 as a long range patrol ocean patrol flying boat which entered production as a long-range transport as the JRM. The survivors, which are based in British Columbia, are operated as water bombers and used to fight forest fires.
- When I’m not fast ferrying…
- Dedicated to a friend of mine who did his first sailboat race last weekend.
- Yesterday. All day.
- Millennium to Bermuda 2016
- Not a bad Summer after all.
- Woods Hole sunset.
- A few shots from the Volvo start in Newport last weekend.
- Big wave.
- Looking forward to training new deckhands…
- Aged Beauty